Monday, November 7, 2016

Transfers

     Hi you alright ladies and blokes? This week includes transfers, Bon Fire Night, Shawn's baptism, and England going bonkers over the Presidential Election. 

     Transfer calls came in on Sunday and ............. I'm STAYING in York! Elder Barney is leaving and going to South Shields, so I won't be living with the Texan anymore. My new companion, who I'll meet tomorrow, is Elder Penya from The Dominican Republic!! That's all that I know about him, but I'll be meeting up with him tomorrow and that's exciting! I'm really happy that I'm staying in York, because I feel like I'm just getting into the swing of things over here. So who knows, maybe I'll be here for Christmas, maybe not though. Haha!

     Bon fire night was on Saturday night this week. It's a big Holiday here in England. We had to be in our flat by 6 again, but I could hear and see a lot of the fireworks out the window. With our 3 hours off that night, we ordered Dominos Pizza and watched Meet the Mormons.

     Shawn's baptism was this week!! It was cool to see her get baptized by Josh Kimberling, one of the 16 year old priests in the ward. Shawn is such a character. When she was walking into the room with her baptismal clothes on she whispered to us, "I feel like I'm going to prison with this white jumpsuit!" There's a new rap that she's working on, the Joseph Smith rap haha! But in all seriousness, it was a really peaceful and spiritual baptism. I felt so happy when I saw Josh and Shawn's faces after she came out of the water. It was mint! I really hope that her two little girls will be able to get baptized in the future.

     I hear that elections are tomorrow in America?! I know that I'm pretty much separated from the world's media, but I can't avoid this crazy election. It's everywhere in the newspapers and on tele screens here. I'm just glad that it will be over soon, so that English people will stop bringing it up!

     The area book planner is out and everyone is adjusting into it. We were thinking about burning our old area book for Bon Fire Night, but we're weren't finished transferring it over yet. 

     It's been a pretty cold and windy week over here in Old York. The leaves keep falling and the rain keeps coming down. It's a good time. We're still teaching D and he's progressing. I really hope that Elder Penya and I can help him come to church. Anyways, love you like anyways. The church is true, the book is blue, and God's a Mormon too. That's a partially true statement from Elder Barney haha. 

Love you all Cheers!

Shawn's Baptism

It's cold here in York, England

Trainer pass-a-long tie

Wow! 1000 pounds = $1239.65

No comments:

Post a Comment