Monday, September 25, 2017

Wake me up when September ends...

Hey everyone! There's some big stuff going on in the ELM. First off, I interviewed Mandy for baptism and SHE PASSED, Facebook Facebook and more Facebook, we ate at a Carvery, and we did a Ward service project.
      
So, for the highlight of the week, it was definitely interviewing Mandy for baptism. It's been amazing seeing how much joy the Gospel has brought her! She and her husband have both said that they feel so much more peace in their home now. The Sisters did a really good job teaching her and she's very prepared for her baptism this Friday.
     
On Wednesday, we went over to the Stake Center in Sunderland to be trained on how to use Facebook haha. It's funny because most of us already know how to use it, but only for entertainment purposes. I'm excited to be using it to be able to talk to more people about the Gospel on the global inter-webs! Also, it feels a lot more comfortable and casual asking people, "Hey do you have a Facebook so we can talk to you more about this?" And if people are too busy, we can video chat with them! So yeah, lots of new stuff going on! 
     
On Friday, we went with the Priesthood to eat at a Carvery. I had no idea what a Carvery was until I got there. It was basically like an English dinner buffet. They had all sorts of meat, gravy, veg, and Yorkshire puddings. I'll make sure to take pictures next time. It was quite delectable! We were able to catch up with James because he was there too. On Sunday, he passed the Sacrament for the first time. Everyone in is family has just been beaming the past couple of weeks.
     
On Saturday, we did a ward service project. We went to a park and picked weeds and other stuff. It was good because I got a free Mormon Helping Hands shirt! One last thing, I forgot to mention to you is that it isn't just General Conference weekend that's coming up, but it's transfer calls as well. I'm predicting that I'll "kill off" Elder Davies with his last transfer, we will see though. I'm loving it here in North Shields, so I hope that I'll stay a bit longer. I'll keep you guys posted, here and on Facebook haha. Hope you have a canny week! 

Take care, cheers!
-Elder Holyoak



No comments:

Post a Comment