Monday, October 2, 2017

Update!

Hiyuh again everyone! So the transfer calls came in and...... I'll be staying in North Shields for another transfer. I'll also be serving with Elder Davies for his last transfer. This makes it the first time I'm "killing off" a missionary, so wish me luck.... haha. This week was Mandy's baptism, I interviewed another person for baptism, General Conference and Moana!
     
I'll give you guys the run down of transfer calls before I blue scadoo into the week. The North Shields district is going to look quite different in couple of days. In Alnwick, Elder Mills is leaving (R.I.P previous companion. He gets moved around so much, bless him.... haha) and the legendary Italian Elder Sicardi will be training and Ashington will be getting Elders instead of Sisters. During district meeting last week, it was Sister Filikitonga's last one before she went home to Tonga, so naturally I had to get a hold of a Moana clip and tie it into the meeting. It was a nice touch. We are are swapping out those lady legends for Elder Sheffner from Sandy, Utah.... Hey wait a second that sounds familiar? Sheffner is from my MTC group and he want to Alta.  I mean the Bengals are still better than the Hawks, which I'm sure my freshman little brother well understands. It'll be ace being around him again. His companion is gonna be Elder Bennett, who is coming from Bridlington and was trained by Elder Livingston (my old companion). The North Shields sisters are staying the same. So lots of familiar faces, iz gon be lit!
     
Mandy's baptism went really well, the Sisters organized it amazingly! The highlight of it was definitely hearing James give a talk during it. I teared up when I heard him say, "Mom I know that this church is true and I know that you know that it's true!" Everyone in their family is now baptized and we just need to get them to the temple! It's amazing how much the gospel can transform someone, if they just accept it in their lives.
     
Speaking of baptisms, the Sisters have another one in the works. The Bishops 9 year old niece is getting dunked this Saturday and I interview her a couple of days ago. She is one of the sweetest little girls that I've met! Now it's up to Elder Davies and I to find the next person!
     
General Conference was sound. Holland was savage as always. We watched it in the Newcastle chapel with the other members and missionaries. So overall good stuff going on! I'll be spending the spooky season in North Shields. Hope you all have a rubbish week and remember, life is as short as a British summer, so make it count! Cheers!

-Elder Holyoak 

District Meeting


Whoa! It's a double rainbow all the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment