Monday, January 15, 2018

IRN BRU

Here's another Wakefield update mate! Elder Selk tried Iron Brew for the first time, we watched Thomas S. Monson's funeral, I tried a Halal Fatayer, and went on exchange with Elders Walker and Clain!
     
Eh up mate! I'm getting pretty adjusted into good old Wakey. At the start of the week, I felt a bit poorly, but I was still able to go on an exchange with Elder Clain in Dewsbury. He's from a French colony near Madagascar and is a pretty cool bloke. His first language is French and he lived in France for a while. Dewsbury is a really cool area. It neighbors our Wakefield area. One of the pros of the area is that it has loads of delicious Middle Eastern food. I tried my first Fatayer. It's similar to a calzone and very delicious, especially with kebab meat. One of the cons of the area is that it has loads of people of the Muslim faith, which makes it really hard to talk to people that are already so set in their ways. They're lovely people, but very unreceptive to the gospel. So yeah, overall it was an ace exchange.
     
Elder Selk tried his first Iron Brew. His reaction is in the video attached.... haha. We've had a really good week. On the missionary side of things, Helen and her children are doing super good! They came to church again and we should be holding her baptismal interview this coming week. Phil is another man we are teaching. He has been meeting with the missionaries for a while and just recently came to church again, which was exciting! 
     
We were also able to watch the Funeral of Thomas S. Monson. It was a fantastic funeral service. It's amazing how polar opposite the secular world's view is on  funeral services compared to people of faith. Most people that we meet who have recently been to a funeral, are miserable and hopeless. After watching this funeral service, I felt uplifted and hopeful! President Monson left a legacy and will be missed. 
     
I also went on exchange with Elder Walker. On our exchange, I didn't realize that it was his year mark. We were talking about how fast the mission goes by and I realized that I'm approaching my 18 month mark. Mental! It's gonna be a good one. Love you guys have a good week cheers!

-Helder Holyoak

Elder Clain

Halal Fatayer (giant calzone)

Our church house

   
Elder Selk trying Iron Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment