Monday, June 18, 2018

Robin Hood and Teaching people about Jesus

Ey up everyone, It was a really smashing week! We did some missionary work with a soon to be missionary, had some crazy cool lessons with blokes from around the world, talked to some World Cup fanatics, and I had my last Zone Conference!
     
First off, yes I had my last Zone Conference! Time seems to be slipping through my fingers like crazy. We met at the Leeds Cross Gates chapel. I said hello and goodbye to loads of familiar faces. This conference was definitely one of my favorites! There were lots of laughs and spiritual stuff. Next month our mission is, as President Turvey jokingly says, "Conquering more of England!" Our mission is getting 3 more stakes south of us. We also had a testimony meeting where the new and departing missionaries bore their testimonies. I've known all of the Elders in my group since the MTC and I've served around quite a few of them.  All of us have grown so much! It's bonkers..... haha!
     
In the Worksop Ward currently there are some missionary age young men. One is on a mission in Australia, one leaves to Africa next month and one is getting his mission call this week. We took the one who is getting his mission call this week teaching with us. And we saw loads of cool miracles! We were on our way to meet up with him at the chapel to have a video lesson with an investigator and we bumped into another one of our friends who is Kurdish. So we walked with him to the church and gave him a tour around. He's proper bothered about the gospel. Later in the day we met on the street a really cool Spanish man that wanted a Book of Mormon from us. After that we had a mint lesson with our Romanian friend. He is still learning English so we had to use Google translate a bit in the lesson. He's very Christian and wants more light in his life as he says. When we talked about how Christ visited the people in the ancient Americas his eyes lit up and he said, "I didn't know that! Tell me more!" He's not only Christian, he's proper Christian! He read the New Testament in like 3 days. He was excited to read the Book of Mormon because he said that the bible has lots of prophecies about the latter days that he doesn't understand. One mind blowing things he told us in Google translate was, "In the Bible it says, "I will send Elijah in the Latter Days what does that mean?" That's the same Elijah who restored the sealing ordinances of the Temple! The only problem is that he works a lot, but we are going to help him to discover more for sure! We had some really cool lessons this week and we'll be continue teaching our new friends and getting them to church for sure!
     
We went to the Sherwood Forest to look for Robin Hood.  No such luck, but we got some smashing hats! (Picture below)

The World Cup started this week too. Loads of people are rocking their St. George's flags on their cars houses and especially pubs! I'm glad I'm on my mission during this football fanatic time of the year.... haha! People are a little bit more open to talk if you mention football. I'm buzzing for the other miracles that will happen for the rest of this transfer! I'm gonna make this last month count for sure. Here some pics from the week, Cheers!

-Elder Holyoak 


Soon to be a missionary ward member finding with us

Worksop



Late Birthday from the States


England showing its World Cup pride

Sherwood Forest















No comments:

Post a Comment