Monday, January 23, 2017

Our Homie D is getting baptized!!

Hey family and friends, 

Man, there has been so much going on this week and I have done the most teaching than any other week on my mission. Some of the highlights are: finding a man that flat out told us that he want to become baptized, buying Shawn some fish and chips via scooters and D is officially getting baptized on Saturday!!!!

Hi there people reading this, that's right it's official, we are having a baptism on Saturday! Elder Campbell did the final interview with D and we brought our ward mission leader along. The service is being planned right now. We asked him who he'd like to baptize him out of all of the members of the ward and the missionaries with the Priesthood. He looked at Elder Peña and said a bit of banter, "I don't trust you, because you'll probably drown me." Then he looked over to me and said, "Elder Holyoak I think it would be a good experience for you, could you baptize me?" I was shocked and of course I accepted! 

After the interview, we went to this restaurant called Belly Busters and we got Kebabs to get "Kebabtized" before our baptism. I think it's a tradition. I don't know how much longer I'm going to stay in the area, but I'm going to do everything that I can to keep in contact with D and help him to stay active. I'm so buzzing for him! It's amazing to see how much this gospel can really help and change people. When I first met him, he was very reserved, anxious and unhappy. And now he's a lot more outgoing, relaxed, and super happy whenever we see him in his home and at church. I have so much love for this man and I'll definitely get you guys pictures next week!

The next highlight of this amazing week would definitely be this Jesus loving 30ish year old man that we found. We found him while knocking doors and shared the Book of Mormon with him. He said, "Yeah, I've just been looking for a church to get baptized in." So we scheduled him. We're seeing him next Friday and oh man, he's so prepared. He has all sorts of Jesus tattoos and he placed the Book of Mormon next to his bible in his room. He couldn't come to church this Sunday, because he was going to a rock concert in London. I'm really convinced he'll come the next Sunday though. So yeah, that was exciting!

We delivered Shawn some fish n chips because she was sick. And guess what I saw on the tele? Trump's inauguration, hahah crazy! We got to her house via scooters that D gave us to drive. We've been using them every once in a while to get around.

This Wednesday, the 25th, there's a missionary broadcast that we all have to watch titled, "Changes to the daily missionary schedule."  I don't know what is going to change, but missionaries are trying speculate. Also, TRANSFER CALLS are this Sunday! Everyone is saying that I'm leaving and there's a high chance of that. There's also a chance that I could stay and train too, but we'll see. 

I'm hitting my 6 month mark this Friday! I'm gonna see if I can burn a tie legally. Also, Happy birthday Mum! I forget tell you last week and Dad, I finally went to the York Castle Museum. It was awesome! Well, I'm gonna love and leave you all. 

Cheerio from York, 
-Elder Holyoak

Kebabs after interviewing D

 The castle museum. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting York.

Some fun at the Minster





No comments:

Post a Comment