Monday, January 30, 2017

TRANSFERS............

What's up my cheeky Americans. Tra tra tra transfer calls are in and I'm.... MOVING TO BRIDLINGTON! Some more news in my missionary life include: missionary daily schedule changes and D's BAPTISM!

I've loved it here in York so much. I can't even explain in words how much I love being a missionary serving and connecting with people. I've been here for almost 6 months though, so I'm pretty excited to be getting a new area. Bridlington is on England's east coast, so I'll get to eat some fresh fish and chips. It's still in the York Zone, so I'll still see the Harrogate lads when we get together as a zone. My new comp is Elder Wilkey from somewhere in Utah. I've met him once on a zone P day and he seems like a good chap. So yeah new area, I'm pretty sure that it's a 4 man flat. I'm excited! I take the train tomorrow (Tuesday) to leave.

This Wednesday we had interviews and we watched a worldwide missionary conference thingy. The church made some minor changes to the daily schedule that go into action next transfer. The biggest change that was made is the key indicators and we only report 4 now. 

My first baptism was this Saturday! Elder Peña and I put tons of planning into it and it payed off. More people came to the baptism than we expected and it ran super smooth. And yes, I baptized him the first try haha. He was smiling and social the entire evening. F  said the opening prayer and had a really good time too!! It was such a miracle the whole evening and the best way that I could end my time here in York. I'm super excited for what the future holds in Bridlington and I'll let you all know how it goes! Talk to you all next week. 

Deuces and cheers!
-Elder Holyoak

My main man D

D's baptism


Sharn the rapper
The legend Brother Wilkerson, my first ward mission leader
                     

York chapel

Saying goodbye to Sister Hickton and her daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment