Monday, February 6, 2017

Beach Boy @ Brid...

Lots and lots of new stuff here on my mission like: my new area Bridlington, teaching a man in a bar, the soda man and more!

Hello, hello from Bridlington! My first week in Brid has been brilliant so far. I'll just give you guys the rundown on what it's like here and then I'll talk about the missionary work. I am currently living in a 4 man flat with my new companion, Elder Wilkey, who is from Rexburg, Idaho. He's really into music and theater. The other two lads living with me are Elder Vickers from Bristle, the south of England and Elder Mills from a little town called Kuna in Idaho. So, I'm livin with 2 Idaho boys and a local. This last transfer had a lot of changes in the York Zone, including moving 3/4 of the Elders that were here in Bridlington. Elder Wilkey has only been in the area for 3 weeks so far, so it's practically been a white wash.

Bridlington is a medium sized city that's right next to the North Sea. It's a fairly large branch that's getting pretty close to becoming a ward. Their goal for this year is to get 6 new members and 16 re-activated members in order to become a ward. So yes, we've been working with a lot of less active members. There is a man that's friends with a member that we're teaching. And the member, Brother Bentley is a Californian that runs a bar! That's right, a Mormon runs a bar here in Bridlington. Haha. He's a great member and he openly shares with his costumers that he doesn't drink and that he's a member of the church. We taught his friend in the bar and we're giving him a church tour next week.

Here's a random experience that I thought I'd share with you guys. Elder Wilkey and I were knocking doors and I hear the song "Pinball Wizard" playing. It was man delivering soda to people's doors. Elder Wilkey asks him, "Are you delivering soda to people's doors?" And the man just laughed. "You guys deliver soda in England? You're like the soda man!" We then bought one from him and had a good chat with him. I guess that gives you a taste of Elder Wilkey's fun, awkward personality haha.

It's been a great week and a fresh new start to a new area. The funny thing is that I'm going back to York on Wednesday for interviews, so I might run into some members I know or Peña. Anyways you guys have a good one. Take cay ye sens! (Take care of yourself in Yorkshire)

-Elder Holyoak

North Sea beach panorama 

Ponies!



Beach fun, missionary style

No comments:

Post a Comment