Monday, February 13, 2017

2nd week in Brid

Hello, hello my American friends.  My second week in Brid (Bridlington) has been super decent. It's been full of Blink-182 and snow and tea at the branch President's house in an amazing location.

My 2nd week here in Brid has been treating me well. We've been getting a lot of wind, rain and a bit of snow lately. We made some little snowmen from the snow that stuck on the cars. So with the whole Blink-182 thing haha, a bunch of members have randomly brought up how they're big fans of that band and it's become an inside joke between Elder Wilkey and I. One of the less actives has actually met Tom Delong, the lead singer, and he was telling me all about it today.

Last P-Day the branch president, President Gregory, invited us over for tea at his bungalow, so we could talk about how the branch is doing. He lives in a village just outside of Brid called Flamborough. It's a beautiful area! We did some finding, but it's mainly full of retired people. When we were there we saw on the map "Flamborough Castle" so we were expecting an awesome castle. As we went around the corner, we started laughing when we saw the tiny remains of what is left of it in a horse pasture, haha!

The work has been a bit slow lately. We've been mainly getting to know the members and the area. There's a lot of former investigators that the last lads in the area worked with and I'm excited to work with them. 

On Wednesday, we went over to York for some zone training and interviews. Brother Stevens gave us a ride over, instead of us having to take the train. At the training, we talked about the new mission schedule and just how to be better missionaries.

There is a lot work to be done while I'm here in Brid and I'm excited to bring more people into the gospel! On Sunday, I saw a member from York 1 and I gave a talk in Sacrament on the Holy Ghost. There are a lot of funny quirky members in this branch that I'll tell you all about next week. 

Cheers - Elder Holyoak

The Brid Boyz

Flamborough Lighthouse

Huge Flamborough Castle

Snow!

Dr. Who






No comments:

Post a Comment