Monday, February 27, 2017

First Month in Brid

Bula familia nehowma! Here's another beautiful Brid update comin at cha. This week we went to Leeds for some more good old Zone Training, we helped a lady move out of her house upstairs from a Chippy, we taught a really good lesson with our new friend and British people love country boy accents.

So this Wednesday we took a train over to York and spent the night in the Zone Leader's flat. In the morning we took a coach over to Leeds for Zone training. It was a combined meeting with the Leeds Zone so I got to see some missionaries that I haven't seen for a while. It was so good seeing Peña, Elder Campbell and Cottrell again! Peña sat behind me during the meeting and poked at me and took selfies on my iPad haha. The actual training itself was brilliant. We had a testimony meeting in the middle. It was amazing being in a room filled with missionaries pouring out their hearts and bearing their own individual witnesses of the truth that they share with people everyday. The spirit was so apparent and I felt extra excited to do missionary work after walking out of that room. So yeah, that was a really cool experience that I thought I'd share with you all. 

We helped a lady move her furniture out of her house this week as well. She's moving to York and yes I recognized the exact street that she's moving on to. It's always fun walking couches and fridges down a flight of stairs. She lived above a "chippy" or fish n chips shop that she owned.

Now for the best part of this letter, the man that we've been teaching. I'll just call him Scott on the blog to conceal his name and I chose Scott because he loves the film Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Scott is the same young man that we met on the bus the other week that we helped move into his flat. HE CAME TO CHRUCH! He came to church with his 2 year old daughter a bit late, but came soon enough to get a glimpse of sacrament meeting and hear Elder Mills talk. Also btw, the members love Elder Mills accent. He's got kind of an American accent from the south and the British member love it. But back to Scott, he came and we gave him a little chapel tour. As we walked by paintings, he just asked us what they were and it was such a natural way of teach him about the church. When we walked over to the baptismal font we taught him about Jesus getting baptized and how much this can help him in his life. He told us that he felt calm and peaceful as we were talking to him about it. Ah! It's so exiting I love being a missionary! I'll let all of you know how our lesson goes.

During P Day today, we went over to Brother Allots and helped him clean up some of his music recording equipment. Afterwards he let me jam out in his studio for a little I got a little video for you guys haha. 

Hope you all have a nice week, there's your update from Elder Holysmokes, CHEERS!


Back with my York boyz

Peña's selfie

Candy floss aka Cotton Candy

The British are really serious about cleaning up after their dogs.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment