Monday, March 6, 2017

Hola

Hey family and friends! I'm really tight on time because during P Day we did a hike around the coast. This update includes: an exchange in Scarborough, our teaching pool is actually a river and the final judgement is just like the X Factor haha!

As you can see by the pictures we went on a hike for the most of today. We walked to Scarborough by foot and got to see the lovely scenery. I found a trilobite fossil and soaked up the sun today. 

Other than this P Day, this week the work has been like a roller coaster. The low light of the week is what happened with Scott, the guy that I was talking about last week. Elder Wilkey and I were on the train this week and we got a text that every missionary doesn't want to see. The young man that we just scheduled for baptism a couple days earlier told us that he wasn't interested anymore. He respectfully told us that he wasn't interested in hearing more about our beliefs and didn't want to be baptized. This left a pit in my stomach, but we kept moving on.

However, the next day we got a really positive text from a less active father that we've been working with. We've been trying hard to get a hold of him so that we could help his 9 year old son be baptized and to re-activate them. He was asking us if we would see him and his son on Saturday. So... we taught him and his son on Saturday and we had a brilliant lesson with them. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. Cheers to Colin for letting me bring the Plan of Salvation puzzle on my mission. I've never taught anything so simply before. It was amazing to learn more about our Heavenly Father's plan by asking a 9 year old boy about it. When we got to teaching about the final judgement the boy said, "So it's like the judges in the X Factor?" We all laughed and had a good rest of the time. He is shooting for the 25th of March to be baptized and I'm stoked for him and his family!

I had an exchange with Elder Barber in the lovely area of Scarborough. Elder Barber is the first missionary that I talked to after I said bye to you (my family) in the airport. It was good catching up and talking with someone from the MTC. We saw a really large orange face and I said, " Is that who I think it is?" And yes it was Trump haha!

So because of the lack of time, that pretty much sums up my week. I hope you all have a good one. Cheers!
-Elder Holyoak

Scarborough Castle

Elder Barber

Elder Wilkey and I

British Propaganda 


                                             
Flamborough South Landing

No comments:

Post a Comment