Monday, March 27, 2017

Zone Conference

Hey again from Bridlington. Here's another weekly update on my doings. I went to Billingham on Tuesday for Zone Conference, somebody passed their baptismal interview, Mother's Day in the UK and I watched a couple people play the drums!

On Tuesday this week, we had a dandy old Zone Conference over in Billingham. Elder Mills and I spent the night in the zone leaders flat after a mint Zone P-Day. I have to be honest, it was a lot of traveling going from Brid to Billingham, but it was awesome seeing other missionaries in 2 zones, seeing my MTC companion again (Elder Ramirez) and hearing from President Turvey. This conference, President Turvey told us a bit more about his personal life before his mission. He told us how important church is and was to him. And more importantly, how he was in a rock band haha just kidding. He did mention it though. He told us that a lot of the experienced missionaries are going home and that it's time for us to step in and fill their shoes. 
     
Traveling back to Brid on Tuesday didn't go as planned. We missed our train and had to spend the night over at Scarborough with the other lads. Our new district is down to 4 Elders. Elder Mills, Barber, Barf and myself. Elder Barf is from Tahiti and is a guitar wizard! I'll probably be going on exchange with him sometime next week. I'll let you guys know more about him then.
     
One of the highlights of my week was Josiah passing his baptismal interview!! After his interview, he showed off his electric drum set. On Sunday, Joe, his parent and all of his siblings came. I was so happy and excited to see them all there. He's still shooting for the 9th for his baptism. Speaking of drumming, there was another person that we saw who showed off his drums, Brother Shire. He's a funny and quirky man that loves the Dixie Chicks. 
     
Yesterday was Mother's Day in England.  I could've called you yesterday mom haha! During church on Sunday, the children handed out flowers to all of the women and mothers in the branch. 
     
As far as how the missionary work is going here, it's going good. This week has been a lot warmer and as a result, many tourist have come to Bridlington. The locals say that it will keep getting worse, but the work will continue! It's been a bit difficult to get in contact with the people that we've been teaching, but I know that someone else is here and is preparing for baptism.
     
Next week is General Conference and I'll be watching it in the chapel here in Brid. I'm super excited to listen to the General Authorities who are the living modern day prophets and apostles. I hope that you all get the chance to listen and spend some time with your families. Have a good week again, cheers!

-Elder Holyoak

Elder Ramirez (MTC companion)

Zone Conference

The Chapel (my second home)

Running on the beach

Brother Shire



No comments:

Post a Comment