Monday, March 20, 2017

The Ogden's visit Bridlington

Hello peeps. This week was that start of a new transfer. Elder Mills and I had a really funny / productive week. First of all, a crazy spiritualist lady tried to kiss me, we have some new investigators, I saw the Ogden's and someone is defiantly getting baptized on the 9th of April next month!
     
This week has flown by! After the other guys left, we transitioned the flat to a two-man space and we combined our two teaching pools into one teaching lake. So that's been a lot fun haha! On the crazy side of things, some funny stuff happened this week. Elder Mills and I were knocking on people's doors, bothering people as usual, and we met a really strange lady. She said that she was a preacher in the spiritualist church. We asked her what they do in that church and she told us how our bodies are a medium for the afterlife, really strange. Then as we were saying goodbye, I saw a pair of wrinkly lips coming for me. I didn't know what to do, so I held her away from me. Elder Mills was watching and was not sure what to do either. So I held her away from me and told her that I could just give her a hug. I didn't enjoy that experience haha!
    
 On Tuesday of this week, the one and only Ogden family, minus Elder Benjoles (who's serving in Alaska currently), took us out for dinner! We ate at a restaurant called "Wise Guys." It's a New York City styled pizza place (shout out to Elder Budge). It was so good / strange to see them, more good though! I know that they're reading this and I wanna thank you guys again for popping by and seeing me.  
     
On the productive side, we taught a lot of new people this week. There was a lady that we met knocking doors and she really wants to check out what our church service is like. When we taught her about the restoration at her door, she listened really intently and she told us, "Hold on a second I need to grab something." She grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down what we were saying. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said that she would love to learn more and check out the building on Sunday! She said that she would be coming this Sunday.  We also met a man on the street that said he wanted to learn more and we taught him the Restoration. There are a couple more people that we're working with that I'll tell you about next week.
     
My current favorite investigator is the one and only Josiah! We taught him a couple times this week and he and his family are coming back to church and the official big for him will be on the 9th of April! After one of our lesson with him, his dad drove us over to Burger King and it was brilliant and awesome! I'm so excited for him and his family. Joe told me that he has an electric drum kit that he really wants to show me.
     
Well it's Zone P-Day today and I've spent most of today traveling to York on the train and visiting the York Minster again with other missionaries and we're gonna play some games. 

Hope you guys have a nice week...... CHEERS!
-Elder Holyoak 

Dinner with Kurt and Lisa Ogden from my home ward

"Spider Queen"



Daffodil's are growing everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment