Monday, January 16, 2017

Snow in England

Hiya fellow church goers,

My update for you dudes this week includes, a bit of English SNOW, more prep for D's baptism, meeting with Shawn the rapper, and my first time hearing a Geordie (accent from north eastern England).

On Friday this week it snowed! It melted once it hit in the afternoon, but it actually snowed and stuck on the ground! I feel like it isn't winter, because I'm so used to seeing snow every year. It was only Elder Peña's second time seeing snow and he was so excited. I've been really lucky this winter and haven't experience the brutal English rain and wind, yet *knock on wood.

D has been doing really good. The Scottish Lad, Elder Campbell, gave him his baptismal interview and he passed it! Ever since I've been serving with Peña, D has only missed one Sunday at church, so he's really ready to be baptized. We introduced him to a tea famous amongst UK members of the church. It's called Red Bush Tea and it's the closest thing that someone can drink to regular tea without breaking the Word of Wisdom. I tried some and it tastes pretty good. I'm not much of a tea goer myself, but with lots of sugar I can force it down haha. So yeah, he's still preparing for the 28th.

We visited the baby rapping gangsta Shawn, a couple time this week. She's had a lot of problems that have happened in her life lately and when we got there she was really stressed out and anxious. We gave her a blessing and right after it, she calmed down and was just smiling. She said that she felt peace and that everything was going to be ok. This was such an amazing experience for all of us. The Priesthood is real! 

In Sacrament meeting a man from Gateshead, which is Geordie land, spoke (sounds very Scottish). It was my first exposure to the exotic accent, haha. 
Well I hope that all you peeps are doing good in the slowly land of Utah. 

Cheers and talk to you next week!
Elder Holyoak

Big snow storm in York



No comments:

Post a Comment