Wednesday, August 3, 2016

1st week in the England MTC

     Hey Everyone!! I've been in the England MTC for one week now and it's been awesome!  Most of the teachers here are returned missionaries that were born in England. So most of them have really cool accents. The first day here was pretty rough after our 12 hour plane ride into Manchester, but that's all worn off and I've never worked harder in my life. 

I'm in the Lehi district which includes: Elder Kim from New Zealand, Elder Meyer from Germany, Elder Zek from Canada, Elder Ramirez who is my companion also from Canada, Elder Stuts from Idaho, Elder McTavish from Canada, and Elder Edwards from Kaysville, Utah. I room with Ramirez, McTavish and Zek, all from Canada. They have hung up a Canadian flag in our room so I'm slowly loosing my nationality, but I love it here so much! 


Most mornings we go out and play football. They get mad when we call it soccer. We have class in the afternoons and evenings. I was afraid that I was going to get brainwashed when I came here by crazy teachers, but the teachers here are amazing! We have this thing called TRC, that is where a teacher acts as an investigator that they've taught on their missions in the past and you and your companion go into TRC rooms and teach a mock investigator. I've learned so much from doing this and it actually feels like real life sometimes. I want to thank anyone who's reading this post for the effect that they've had on my life, even if it's small. Thank you and I can't wait to share my experiences next week! 


Elder Holyoak




Enjoying the long plane ride to Manchester, England.

England MTC

Preston, England Temple

My companion Elder Ramirez

 The view outside our classroom window

Lehi District

Yummy dinner with Yorkshire pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment