Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2nd week in the MTC

I've never read as much as I have this past week!

It's been a really good week for me. The day after I sent my last email we took a church tour into the city of Preston. We were able to see where the first missionaries came to England and where they taught and baptized new members. It was really awesome being able to leave the MTC for a little while and see the more rural part on Preston. We took a tour in a church named "St. John Church of England" and we sang church hymns in it. Members of the church of England own it, but President Preston said that they're good friends with him. 


It's been a really powerful week for me too. We had a fast and testimony meeting last Sunday and it strengthened my testimony a ton. Most of my days here have consisted of role playing, studying, and praying. I'm just trying to soak everything up as much as possible because I'm gonna be out on the field in 6 days! 


Tomorrow we're taking another trip to downtown Manchester and we're going to proselyte! It's really exiting! Oh something random too, Shawn Bradley's daughter is in this MTC. Pretty funny. I've been trying to get to know as many people as possible out of the 95 Elders and Sisters here. 


Yesterday my companion Elder Ramirez broke his glasses so we were able to leave the MTC for a couple hours. We were able to see downtown Chorley. It's a really small run down town. The owner of the repair store asked me where I was from. And I jokingly said, "Utah, Where the greatest skiing on Earth is." And he laughed and he told me, "Europe is where all of the good skiing is. You people have pebbles with no history!" I thought that really funny. But yeah, I'm super excited to get out in the field! I'm doing my best to prepare myself for my first area. 


Elder Holyoak



 St. John's Church of England


 Rain in England?


 Beautiful Preston, England

 The Missionary "Oak" 


 Lehi district

Role playing with an "investigator" in the TRC room







No comments:

Post a Comment