Monday, August 29, 2016

2nd week in York

How do chums!

This week has been a lot of work and a lot of fun. We went on splits earlier this week and it was fun. I

went with Elder Shäfer from Switzerland. He's a really awkward and fun guy. He's one of the zone leaders and he had a car to drive us around. I normally walk or take the bus. It was very interesting driving on the wrong side of the road.

I really like my flat.  It is located just outside downtown York in an area called Acomb. It's one of the nicer missionary flats and I have no complaints at all.  My companion is a good teacher and he jokes around with me a lot.  I haven't seen any unusual animals yet, just lots and lots of DOGS!


We've had a lot of member lessons this week which has been good practice for me. We also have a progressing investigator that has an upcoming baptismal date. He's special needs, and we've taught him a couple times.

One of the ward member named David is really into Larping (live action role playing) and we played

with his foam weapons. There is a picture below. All of these days are blending together and I've learned so much. 

The food has been good! We eat like college students for breakfast and lunch and the ward members have been giving us pretty American dishes about 3 times a week for dinner. Elder Barney said that we should be fed more often when members get back from their vacations. 
I tried my very first kebab. It's not a kabob. It's this weird meat that I'm not sure what's in it. But it was good. I'll talk to you all next week! 


-Elder Holyoak
Something looks different ??

British Lane

Larping with Elder Shafer

My Flat - Bedroom

 My Flat - kitchen

My Flat - study area



No comments:

Post a Comment