Monday, February 5, 2018

Transfers

Howdy my people! It has once again been a glorious week in the service of the Lord here in the centre of the UK, Wakefield. The big updates are: we held a ward Family Home Evening, some changes to Helen's baptism and transfer calls!
     
That's right, transfer calls already came haha! Man this one totally flew by so fast that when we got the call, I totally forgot. So this is what's happening. I will be staying in Wakey *crowd cheering*, but my beloved half son Elder Selk is gonzo! He's getting shipped up to a little town called Newton Aycliffe. It's just west of Billingham. I have no idea what it's like up there, cause I've never been in the Billingham zone, but I'm pretty sure it's outside of Yorkshire.  He will be missed. But guess who my new companion is going to be?? ELDER BARFF! He was in my district when I was in Brid! He's a hilarious Elder from Tahiti and I can already tell that it's gonna be a good transfer haha. So that was the main update.
     
This week we organized a ward Family Home Evening. It wasn't the best show up, but it was fun getting to know some more of the members in a more casual setting. We did a little object lesson about service by sucking on sweets and ice. When you think about yourself or suck on ice, it's hard to feel the sweetness of service! We also did sharing time in Primary on Sunday. Haha, it was complete chaos when we walked in at first, but I think that it ended up alright. 
     
An update on Helen's baptism. She asked us a couple days before her scheduled day, if she could postpone it. I was pretty heart broken with all of the planning and things leading up to it, but I needed to remind myself that everyone has their own agency. We will keep yous posted on how it goes with her. Hope everyone has a good week cheers!! 

-Elder Holyoak 

Elder Barff, my new companion from Tahiti




No comments:

Post a Comment