Monday, May 1, 2017

April 2017 Update

Hey again people! Here's an update of what's been going on over here. We started teaching a new man, we saw a castle in Scarborough, and I went to another Stake a Conference in York.
     
This week was the Tour De Yorkshire. It was a pretty popular race going on in Bridlington, because that's where the race started. It was televised nationally too, so it really was a pretty big deal. I didn't get any pictures because one of the AP's and Zone leaders called us up and wanted to do a blitz. I went with Elder Buckoff one of the Zone leaders in the mission from Atlanta, Georgia and Elder Mills went with Elder Klingler one of the AP's. He's Mills' granddad in the mission (his trainer's trainer). It was a good good day.
     
We started teaching an older man that our Branch President told us to go by and see. His wife recently passed away a couple of months ago and she was a less active member. He isn't a member, but used to come down to the good old Mormon church over on Quay road here a while back. We met with him and he is really interested in coming back and taking the lessons again! We'll be seeing him again this Wednesday.
     
We spent the last weeks P-day in Scarborough. I didn't have time to send pictures of it, but I saw a castle!! Yes, my first castle to see in England! We went as a big group of missionaries to see the Scarborough castle. Also, I went on another exchange with Elder Barber, the park city bloke, and we went to a mint burger place called Mojos Munchies and they have hilariously named burgers. This P-Day, today,  we are going back to York for another Zone P-Day. We're going to a buffet while we are there. We also have another Zone Conference in Billingham again this Tuesday.  It feels like I was just barely taking a coach over there, but it'll be good. I'll make sure to sit behind Elder Peña to bug him during the meeting.
     
Stake Conference was this Sunday. We got a car ride from one of the YSA's in the branch and he drove us there Sunday morning. It was awesome to see some of the York 1 members again for a little and to hear from the Stake President and President Turvey. Remember that teenage girl that I was teaching with Elder Peña? She got baptized last Wednesday!! Freya was baptized by her boyfriend and it was so cool to see them again!
     
So yeah that was my week. Another one that's flown by. I'm excited to see what's in store for May! 

Peace out I'll talk to you next week, cheers!
-Elder Holyoak

Scarborough Castle with my Bro's

Scarborough Castle



                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment