Monday, May 29, 2017

Update update update!

Heyo my people! It's been quite the eventful week. Transfer calls happened, I finished making a shed, had some BBQ and turned two whole decades old!
     
The transfer call-a-roonies came in and..... I'M STAYING in Brid! That's right, and Elder Mills is leaving to Sunderland. We said good riddance, I mean goodbye, to Elder Black, I'll miss them both... haha. Elder Lewis and I will get some new comps up in The Beach Boys district. My new companion, tomorrow, is going to be Elder Livingston. He's from Rigby, Idaho. That's right, my third Idaho comp in a row! Elder Lewis' new companion is going to be Elder Withers and it will be another trunky transfer for Elder Lewis haha. Another change that will be happening here, is that I have been assigned to be the new District Leader in the Bridlington and Scarborough areas. So that's exciting!
     
This P Day we spent the day with Brother Steven, our branch mission leader. He took us to Whitby Abbey. It was top notch, because the writers of Dracula and Frankenstein were inspired by it, along with other cool historical things. Whitby is a nice little coast resort town, north of Bridlington and all and all it was two thumbs up. Check out these sweet pics!
     
Yes, this week we finished working on Brother Needham's shed. It looks real nice. I forgot to take a picture of it. It was cool seeing it from start to finish and having the other Elders in the area come over and help on days that we weren't able to.
     
The Warners (The family that we helped get their son and daughter baptized) invited us over for tea his week and they made us a BBQ. It was nice spending some time with them and catching up and also hearing about the holiday that they'll be having in Spain in a couple of weeks. They've only missed one Sunday since the baptism and they told us that they will be continuing to stay active after their Holliday.
     
The work is picking up here in Brid, as of lately. I'll describe it more in depth next week, but we have some nice lessons set up for the week to help others experience the many joys of this brilliant gospel! Hope you guys have a gr8 week talk to you L8tr!

-Elder Holyoak 
My main man Joe

I vant to suck your blood!

Whitby Abbey overlook


No comments:

Post a Comment