Monday, June 5, 2017

Sunny England

How's it going peeps! Well it's the start of a new transfer again over here in the ELM in the sunny month of June. I've got a new companion, the member that lives above our flat, Ruby, left and moved back to Australia, the legend of the branch Brother Ackroyd bought us pizza after coming teaching with us, I had a leadership meeting over in Leeds and we've got 3 new members of The Beach Boys district!
     
Well, the new blokes in my district are Elder Kull from Germany who is serving over in Scarborough, Elder Withers from Twin Falls, Idaho and my new comp Elder Livingston from Rigby, Idaho. POTATERS! Livingston is an American football player. Everything is good about him except for one thing, he chose the wrong team to play college football for when he gets back. He's committed to play for BYU. He red shirted a season with them before he left.  I'll make sure to learn as much about American football while I'm with him, don't worry dad haha.
     
This week the member that lives above our flat, Ruby, moved home to Australia. She was one of the sweetest lady's that I've ever met and I'm glad to have met her. We took  Brother Ackroyd out teaching this week and the lesson went pretty well. Afterwards, he took us to Papa Johns for some pizza. This man is always pampering us with food and inviting us over for tea. He truly is the legend of the branch.
     
On Thursday of this week, I went all the way over to Leeds for my leadership training meeting. It was a really small group of missionaries that were called into leadership positions this transfer, so we actually had it in the mission office. This was my first time going to the mission office, so it was really cool seeing the behind the scenes of the mission. After that, I met back up with Elder Livingston to go back to Brid.
     
We have been teaching a lot of lessons lately, but it's just the matter of helping people to keep commitments and come to church. Zone Conference is soon and it'll be fun to see my fellow friends. Hope y'all have a good week! Cheers!!

-Elder Holyoak 

Ruby, our neighbor whose moving back to Australia

The Beach Boys 

No comments:

Post a Comment