Monday, May 8, 2017

May in Brid

Hello, hello again! Here's another update from the heart of the Yorkshire coast. Zone Conference happened again and of course and I got to see a lot of familiar faces, I saw some colorful suits, the Meat Man, a car boot sale and Dave from York again!
     
How's it going family and friends. On Tuesday, we made a trek over to Billingham to have some proper mint Zone training. As a mission, we're really focused on working with members better and more effectively. As President Turvey says in his British accent, "Missionaries and members work together in Harmony." We learned a lot of good stuff to apply to our area. I saw Elder Peña again too! It's always good to bump into him and catch up. Our neighbor in Brid was selling an acoustic guitar in his garden for £10, so I bought it and then brought it over to Peña, because he wants to learn guitar. He's serving by the coast too, but more north by Durham. 
     
Saturday night is, of course, the big party night here. Elder Mills saw two guys in colorful suits and he said, "Alright we need to talk to these guys." They weren't interested in the gospel, but we got a picture with them haha. Also, throughout the week we went by something called a "Car boot sale." Basically, all it is, is a big get together where people sell stuff out of the trunks of their cars. Or as the Brits call them, the boots of their cars. There was also a man bidding off meat called the Meat Man. We were hoping to be able to talk to some people over there, but it was a bit too crowded. 
     
My highlight of this week was definitely seeing Dave, the man that I baptized back in January. After Zone P-day last week, I decided to pop by Dave to visit him. He originally though that we were the Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on his door haha. He was really excited to see how I was doing and what Bridlington was like. He told me, "I've only missed one Sunday since you've been gone, because I was feeling poorly." The other missionaries serving in York right now, are helping him do his family history work, so he can go to the Preston Temple to do baptisms for some of his ancestors. Seeing him was a good reminder of why I'm out here on my mission and it increased my love and desire to serve the people over here in the England Leeds mission.
     
Not much else to update on. I'll be seeing the best mum in the world next week, I'm buzzing for that! Hope you kids have a good week, luv yuh cheers!

-Elder Holyoak 

Colorful fellas 



Elder Peña at Zone conference

My main man Dave


                                                           
The Meat Man - take a listen to him selling his wares 

No comments:

Post a Comment