Monday, May 15, 2017

Mummy's Day

Happy Mother's Day peeps! I already FaceTimed my family yesterday, but I'll give a little update still on what's going on this week. A lot of fun P-Day activities have been taking place, a massive less active reach out, Costco pizza, people at church and cows!
     
Hiyuh everyone, sorry for the rushed letter. I'm on my way to Harrogate today to see a big American Army base with the missionaries in the zone, so I don't have a whole lot of time. It should be fun, although I don't know a lot of what to expect other than we are getting a personal tour ourselves of the base. It's been another good week over here in Brid. It's crazy that I've been living here for almost 4 months! 
     
Like I was saying before, we had a big less active member reach out on Tuesday. During Priesthood on Sunday, we organized 4 of the members to meet with us to visit with 12 less active members. It was a huge success! We found most of them in and taught a lot of them. I went with Brother Horwell, who is a successful business man and is a super get it done go go go kind of guy. That was a really good start for the week.
     
One evening, us 4 beach bum missionaries, were just sitting in our flat and we got knock on the door. We were thinking that it was just going to be an annoying drunk person, but it was Brother McLean the Young Mens President. He told us that when he was in Leeds during the day, and Leeds has one of the only Costco's in the mission, he decided to buy us a pizza! We took a hilarious video of it too.(watch below)
     
The work is defiantly picking up lately. We'll be getting our Branch President's permission to schedule a baptism for the excommunication member that we've been teaching. It will most likely the next couple of weeks. There's been other less actives making there way back to church on Sundays. Also, we were knocking doors this week and we saw loads of cows haha! Anyways I gotta go hope y'all have a good one. Cheers!

-Elder Holyoak



My screenshot of FaceTiming with my Family

My family's selfie of us all FaceTiming.


Cows for Grandpa Sandberg

Bowling on P-Day

Pizza delivery


                                                               
Fun on the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment