Monday, May 22, 2017

BridTASTIC!

Hey lads and lasses how art thine doing! It was another super decent week here in Brid. I saw a funky fresh blues band outside, spent the day in Harrogate, Scarborough and York, did some service for a fellow Beatles lover, and Rory came to church.
     
The start of this week was very go go go and I was shattered once we got back to Brid on Wednesday. Last P-Day, we spent the day at Fort Manwith Hill in Harrogate. It was ace being with the entire zone doing normal people stuff like bowling and playing basketball. On Tuesday, we had an exchange in Scarborough again, but this time I was in a trio. I was with Elder Black and Barff. I can see why, as missionaries, we do this work in twos, because it felt pretty awkward switching off with all three of us.. haha. Then on Wednesday we had interviews in York. It was already a pretty busy week right off the bat.
     
As you can see by the video of the guy rocking out on the saxophone, the weather is getting pretty nice here. As it's getting closer to summer, more and more tourists are making their way to Brid. I've stopped and talked to a lot of people that are from London and are on Holiday here and their accents are so much more posh than the people here in Yorkshire...haha!
     
On Friday, we were going by to teach a less active member and we saw a man struggling to take things out of his home for spring cleaning. We offered him some help and he let us into his flat. After he helped him he asked us, "So are you going to give me a sermon now?" We laughed and sat down in his room that was filled with Beatles and Liverpool football club posters. He's had a pretty rough life and we were doing our best to explain to him how much the church can help him in his life. We'll be seeing him again on Tuesday.
     
On Sunday, Rory came to church!! It's been a while since we've had an investigator come to church and it was so rewarding to see him enjoying sacrament meeting. We've got some other people that we're trying to get come to church in the future. But what if there is no future for me here in Brid? Transfer calls are this Sunday, my birthday, and we will see if I'm staying or going. I'm wondering if I'll go to a new zone, because I've been in the kingdom of York for about 10 months now. We'll see what happens. 

Next P-Day our branch mission leader is taking us to the Whitby Abbey. It's another resort town just north of Scarborough. I've heard British people going bonkers over it and telling me to go there since I entered the mission, so it should be pretty good! 

I hope that all y'all have a good one again. Cheers! P.S. Enjoy this video of Jamie Akroyd (the legend of the branch) jam out!

-Elder Holyoak 

Enjoying an American dinner in our flat


Opening some of my birthday packages from home.

Music on the street

Jamie Akroyd (legend of our branch)

No comments:

Post a Comment