Monday, July 31, 2017

Teaching on the beach

How's it going ladies and gents?! It's been another mint week here in the ELM. I taught my first lesson on the beach, chilled in a convertible with my ward mission leader and l found a loophole to play the guitar more.
     
The highlight of this week is defiantly teaching a boy legend named Justin. Justin is an 11 year old boy that we started teaching this week. We are already good friends with his parents and everything is aligned perfectly for us to start teaching him and helping him to be baptized on the 19th of August. His parents told us that they asked him where he wanted the missionaries to teach him and he said, "The beach!" So we walked over and taught him there. So yes, he's the real MVP!
      
Brother Cresnowski, my ward mission leader, took us out for a nice lunch on Tuesday and he drove us around in his convertible. We talked a lot about new ideas that we want to introduce soon to the ward and getting everyone stoked on coconuts about doing missionary work.
     
Elder Anderson and I have been doing a lot of finding lately. This week we really focused on sharpening up our skills and finding more people to teach. And as a result, we got a referral for the Newcastle Elders, found an amazing German lady that we will hopefully be teaching tomorrow and loads of other potential people to teach. Like I said before, people are very friendly here, up north, so most people are willing to talk. August should be another awesome month for the us and for the North Shields district! 
     
It's been a pretty musical week so far as well. On Sunday Elder Anderson, Sisters Rigby and Cook and I sang a musical item on Sunday. We sang "Come Thou Fount" and it was a lot of fun. I never saw myself doing something like that before. On Thursday, I will be featured in another musical item as well. I'm gonna play a hymn on the guitar for a baptism. So I've got a loophole to pick up my guitar again and play.
     
Everyone is pretty excited for Wednesday to listen to Elder M. Russell Ballard. It should be a lot of fun and I really am excited to be inspired by him. Our mission has been having a lot of success with baptisms that President Turvey says the mission hasn't seen in years! That's all that I've to update on, hope all is well cheers!

-Elder Holyoak


Teaching Justin on the beach


Brother Cresnowski taking us for a ride


1 comment: